- What is Durrat Al Bahrain ?
- Durrat Al Bahrain is urban living, island style. As Bahrain’s most inspiring development, Durrat Al Bahrain is deemed as a hallmark island city of the 21st century. Located on the south coast of Bahrain, this 21 km² master development has been created across a cluster of 15 spectacular islands. It will host, among its many kaleidoscopic offerings, beautiful beachfront villas, executive apartments and offices, luxury hotels and spa resorts, parks and entertainment precincts, premier retail malls and restaurants, a 400 berth marina, and an Ernie Els designed 18-hole golf course.
- Where is Durrat Al Bahrain ?
- Durrat Al Bahrain is situated on the southern coast of Bahrain and is serviced by a new six lane highway. The new highway provides access to the capital city of Bahrain, Manama and to Saudi Arabia via King Fahad Causeway.
- Who owns Durrat Al Bahrain ?
- Durrat Al Bahrain is a joint development owned by the Government of Bahrain and Kuwait Finance House (Bahrain).
- What does Durrat Al Bahrain Offer ?
- The Islands
The most prominent aspect of Durrat Al Bahrain are The Islands, which carve an exquisite green necklace atop the graceful, blue waters of the Gulf. Designed in two circular rows of 11 islands, The Islands are a glorious visual treat and undoubtedly, the “crown jewel” of Durrat Al Bahrain. The Islands are purely residential and are designed to offer an urban community with the serenity of island lifestyle. Just over 1000 lavish villas of varying sizes and styles adorn the islands, with privileged lifestyle options like private beaches, marina and boat mooring, lush gardens and breathtaking sea views. These fascinating islands are strung together with a network of inter-connecting bridges and a circular arterial that connects The Islands to either ends of The Crescent, the urban hub of Durrat Al Bahrain.
Durrat Al Bahrain will eventually be a complete self-sufficient island city, including every modern amenity and luxury. Each of the 11 residential islands has a Community Centre, a distinct single-storey building that is easily reached from the residential clusters. The community facilities on the islands include prayer halls, cafes, retail outlets and beach-changing facilities. The prayer halls on all islands adopt a circular outer shape. Vast stretches of landscape are woven aesthetically amidst the architecture. A series of landscaped courtyards enhance the sense of transition between buildings and encourage the passage of natural light and air into them.
The two-story villas with direct contemporary waterfront are located adjacent to the water edge, and one storey courtyard houses form the inner villas on a landscape garden within the heart of the islands.
A number of the first residents of Durrat Al Bahrain began moving into their new luxury villas at the end of January 2009. More new home owners will move into their sea front villas over the course of the next few months.
While serenity will dominate life on the Murjan and Fayrooz Islands, the Crescent will serve as the commercial hub of the island community. For those seeking to combine the resort lifestyle with key elements of urban living, the Crescent will boast some 6,000 apartments and offices set against the backdrop of a bustling piazza featuring restaurants, cafes, a large-scale modern shopping mall, public beaches and a host of community facilities, including masjids, health centers and schools. Connected to the Crescent will also be the project’s hotel island, which will have an estimated 600-rooms and a private beach.
Tameer and Durrat Khaleej Al Bahrain, through a joint venture, are developing a full-service 700,000m² marina, Durrat Marina, which will provide berthing space for some 400 boats and yachts along with dry stack storage of 300-400 boats capacity and marina maintenance facility. Arranged over three islands it will set the scene for a canal environment, complete with a yacht club, waterfront town houses, apartments, numerous cafes and shopping outlets lining its winding paths and waterways.
The Golf Course
Situated within Durrat Al Bahrain, Bahrain’s largest planned mixed use residential, leisure and tourist destination, the golf course will cover approximately 90 hectares of land and be set against the impressive backdrop of Durrat Al Bahrain’s marina and the stunning crystal clear waters of the surrounding sea.
Ernie Els Design, the company which is designing the course, will create an environment offering much more than just a golf course for Durrat Al Bahrain residents and course members. The golf precinct will consist of a club house, a driving range, a 5 star 200 room hotel complex and 2220 beautifully designed luxury residential villas and apartments. With its innovative design, including water ways and green space, and with many of the villas fronting onto the course itself, an entire lifestyle community and one of the region’s leading golf destinations will be created.
- What makes Durrat Al Bahrain unique from other developments ?
- This 21 km² master development has been created across a cluster of 15 spectacular islands. It will host, among its many kaleidoscopic offerings, beautiful beachfront villas, executive apartments and offices, luxury hotels and spa resorts, parks and entertainment precincts, premier retail malls and restaurants, a 400 berth marina, and an Ernie Els designed 18-hole golf course.